Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Live From The Red Carpet

I have to admit that I love to get dressed up for a night on the town.  Not just the typical dressed up w/ jeans, cute top, etc.  I’m talking about the whole nine yards… cocktail dress, heels, fun jewelry, et.al.

Sunday night was the annual Junior League Oscar Night America Party.   Granted, prior to the event I had only seen one of the films nominated in some form for an Oscar.  Sunday morning over coffee, Lark and I watched The Social Network.  I wanted to see Black Swan but not a single theater in Greenville County was showing the film. Seriously…what’s that about?  All Oscar films should remain in the theaters until after the awards ceremony.



Prior to making our way down the red carpet…yes, the JLG actually rolls out the red carpet, we had a cocktail at Nantucket’s. I was even able to convince the bartender to turn the TV to E! so we could watch the stars make their way into the Kodak Theatre.    Let me rewind to say that a few of us decided to leave the fellas at home for this event and make it a girl’s night.    It was so much fun to watch and comment on all the dresses. 




The remainder of the evening was spent mingling, checking out the silent auction items and of course watching the Oscars.  My favorite of the night was Sandra Bullock.  She looked amazing in the Red Vera Wang…of course I do have a soft spot for Vera since my wedding dress was a Vera Wang design.

I have to admit that I wish the Oscars were held on a Saturday night vs. a Sunday.  It was a late night and a little difficult to get up early for work Monday morning but worth it in the end!  Kudos to the Junior League for a Fabulous ONA. 

1 comment:

  1. Came by your blog via the Run for the Bling of it blog. Love the pictures, and your dress is great! What a fun girls' night!

    ReplyDelete