Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Milestones in May

May was another busy month…one that was filled with a couple milestones.    On May 8th my wonderful husband and I celebrated our first year of marriage.  I can’t begin to describe how fast the past year has flown by.  It seems like just yesterday that we got engaged on our vacation to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic and spent the next 11 months planning a wedding.  Now, we’ve celebrated our first year as newlyweds.

Our First Night in Punta Cana...Right fter Lark proposed.

We took a break during our reception to capture some shots on the Rooftop

I started our anniversary weekend off with a small road trip with my running group to Hartwell, Georgia for the Best Dam Run 5K and 10K.  Mile 4-5 of the 10K is over the Hartwell Dam.  I must say that it was a pretty cool view running across the Dam.    Though the weather was perfect, this was not my best run.  I just couldn’t get into the groove of things.   I know we all have bad runs from now and again…this was just the first time it ever happened to me during a timed event.  Oh well, I didn’t let it stop me from having a great remainder of the weekend.
Getting Ready for the Best Dam Run

Go Run Greenville - Waiting at the Start Line


Mile 2.  Looking Across to the Dam...An uphil climb to get over there.....

Running across the Dam


Race is Over.  It's Time for Breakfast...Where's Panera???


Lark and I had dinner reservations at The Green Room.  It was incredible.  I had Shrimp & Grits and he had the Bone in Pork Chops.  After dinner we returned to the site of our reception, the Westin Poinsett Hotel.  We sat at the bar and opened a special bottle of wine to celebrate the occasion (2001 Caymus) it was Delicious….Down to the very last drop.  
YUMMMMMM


Hanging at the Westin

Our actual anniversary was on Sunday the 8th so we basically spent the day doing yard work and hanging around the house.  We grilled out steaks and I made twice baked potato and a salad.  For dessert, we had a glass of champagne in our toasting flutes and cut the top of our cake that had been frozen for a year.  The cake itself was very good.  The icing had slid off the cake just a little but overall, it was still pretty tasty.  After dinner we watched our wedding video and of course, I got misty-eyed ….as I do each time I’ve seen it.  If I could go back to our wedding day, I wouldn’t change a thing.  It was the most perfect day!

Cake and Champagne.  YUMMM!!!
Another milestone this month was the high school graduation of a very special young lady.  I had the greatest pleasure of being a nanny for a family when I lived in Columbia.  Long story short, I met the family in 1997 when their son was six weeks old and their daughter was four years old.  I was with them from 1997-2007 when I moved to Greenville.  Last weekend, KW graduated from high school.  She’s like the little sister I never had.  I’m so very proud of her and that she’s going to be attending a University about 45 minutes from me next year.  Their son will be a freshman in high school next year and I know that in only 4 short years I will be attending his high school graduation.  I will say that I’m very lucky to have been a part of these kids’ lives. 


My "Lil Sis" The Graduate!

Best Kids Ever!!
The month has come to an end and we are almost halfway through 2011.  I’m sure there will be a few more “milestones” before the end of the year.
Until then
TD

No comments:

Post a Comment