Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday's on the Couch

Just for fun- I thought I would do the ABC’s I have seen going around the blog world Here you go:
A.   Age: 35

B.    Bed size: King...It’s awesome...Don’t even know when Lark moves or gets out of bed.

C.   Chore you hate: Um…laundry. Well, just putting clothes away

D.   Dogs: love them but do not have them.
E.    Essential start to your day:  Coffee


F.  Favorite color: Red
G.  Gold or silver: Both...depends on the outfit.

H.  Height: 5’5

I.   Instruments you play: Air Drums
J.   Job title: Paralegal

K.  Kids: None....maybe one day in the future.

L.  Live: Greenville, SC

M. Mom’s name: Lydia Jane

N.  Nicknames: TD, Tdawg, Trix, Decibels

O.  Overnight hospital stays: Sophomore Yr of College.Stomach Ulcers

P.  Pet peeve: being late.......

Q.  Quote from a movie: “What up Big Perm….I mean Big Worm. (Friday)  or I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special' (Steel Magnolias)

R.  Righty or Lefty: Righty.

S.   Siblings: One brother that is 6 yrs older and a step brother that is 12 yrs younger

T.   Time you wake up: 6:30 on weekdays.  Usually 5:30 on Saturdays if I’m running… and 8AM on Sundays

U.   Underwear:  I have a variety of them

V.    Vegetables you dislike: The older I get the more I like
W.   What makes you run late: The Today Show and putzing around in the closet in the morning.

X.    X-rays you’ve had: Ankle that was crushed in the 3rd grade.

Y.    Yummy food you make: Cupcakes and anything sweet.  Taco Soup.

Z.     Zoo animal favorite: Sea Lions

My June race for the "Run for the Bling Challenge" was last Saturday, June 11th.  The Simpsonville Sunrise 8K.  Though the race started at 6:30AM it was still very humid and warm outside.  The course was more challenging than I anticipated.  The first 2 miles was flat and then we turned into a neighborhood with rolling hills for the next 3 miles.  One house in the neighborhood had a sprinkler set up on their lawn that made a huge waterfall for the runners to go through.   A refreshing thing I might add!!   My goal was to finish in under an hour and I did just that. 

After we finished the race everyone came back over to the house for a post race brunch.  I prepared Shrimp and Grits the night before and everyone else brought their favorite breakfast item.  Our Motto for the day  was "Will Run For Mimosas".... the after race cocktail we all had to go with our breakfast.   It was the perfect way to start the morning!!

Today has just been another Lazy Sunday.  I’ve managed to catch up on a few movies.  Black Swan (I may be one of the few out there that actually enjoyed it)  Now I’m watching Julie and Julia.  Maybe it will inspire me in the kitchen…..

Here’s to Lazy Sunday’s on the Couch.
TD

2 comments:

  1. The Mimosa's! you forgot to mention "Will Run for Mimosa's!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ABCs! I could go for some shrimp and grits! The first time I had grits was when our softball team went to Myrtle Beach for a Spring Break tournament. We had them for breakfast and I had a great 2 games....ate them every day we were there sure it was the grits! We don't have them up north here!

    ReplyDelete